How to Submit a Claim

Anyone can submit an innocence claim to the Center— family members, attorneys, friends, witnesses, private citizens, or the inmates themselves. If you know an inmate who may have been wrongfully convicted, you can:
  • Print out the forms below and forward them to the inmate for completion or
  • Contact the Center:
North Carolina Center on Actual Innocence 
P.O. Box 52446 
Shannon Plaza Station 
Durham, North Carolina 27717-2446
(919) 489-3268
Necessary Forms
All inmates making innocence claims need to fill out the following forms:
An inmate will need to fill out additional forms if he/she took a guilty plea or if his/her conviction(s) involved a child sex offense:
Formas Necesarias
Por favor nota que también ofrecemos nuestras formas en español:
Pin It